If you’re just passing through, or are in the area visiting one of the awesome events in the Brenham area, we have a short guide of some gems you can’t pass up.
- Dairy Bar - An old-timey burger stand serving classic smash burgers and shakes. Pro-tip, skip the drive-thru line and go inside! You will be surprised how far your dollar will go at this spot.
- Pollos Asados Rey Regio - You gotta check out this restaurant. Off the beaten path of Downtown, it's worth the 5 minute drive. Try their specialty Pollo Asado al Carbon with a warm churro and jamaica (hibiscus) agua fresca.
- Andrea’s - Damn good tacos, nothing more to say!
- Daisy’s - Authentic homestyle Mexican cooking, if you’re looking for something other than Tex-Mex, Daisy’s is your spot. And if you get a chance to try their tamales, you won’t be disappointed.
- Glissmann’s - This gift shop located right in Downtown Brenham has a beautifully preserved early 1900s pharmacy right in the back! Previously Glissmann’s Pharmacy, it's cool to check out this preserved piece of Brenham history. The car elevator inside is incredible!
- Hermann’s Furniture & Antique Mall - A fifth generation Hermann still run’s the oldest furniture store in Texas, as well as the only antique mall in Downtown Brenham. Shop over +6,000 square feet of antiques, as well as learn a bit about Brenham history. As you walk in, hang a right and head into the antique section to find some great items!
- Higgin’s Resale Shop - A converted JCPenny to resale shop, Higgins truly has everything. Clothes, jewelry, home decor, and furniture; you’re sure to find something to come home with you. While prices have increased lately, there are still some good finds here.
- Forever Young Resale Shop - Resale for a cause. Forever Young is a non-profit organization to benefit the Senior Activity Center to help cover the costs of senior care in Washington County. Plus they have a great selection of neat finds less than a mile from downtown.